Pages

Wednesday 18 November 2015

Just Desserts

I blogged the other day about 'white space' [here], a design concept in scrapbooking.  I featured an article (by Debbie Hodge) about white space which showcased three layouts (using the same images) to show off this concept on finished layouts.  I personally liked layout #2 and thought I'd give it ago...
 
Here is a picture of the original layout design...
 

 
 
 
 
And here is my take...
'Special For Today'... feature's my LIKE FOR EVER August kit (Oh So Lovely), which consists if the Crate Paper 'Wonder' collection.  This is my 8th layout with this kit, the photos tell the story of my daughter and I taking my niece out for her first 'grown-up' shopping trip... we had a ball!  Part of the experience was to be 'ladies what lunch', so here we are having lunch in Frankie and Benny's.  Of course lunch had to include dessert... and what fabulous desserts we had!  I'm so glad I managed to capture this moment.
 
 
My journaling
 

Love these sequins and enamel dots that came in the kit, they add just the right element
 

I used some of the die-cuts for my title and embellishments
 

 
I think this design may become one of my 'go-to' layouts when inspiration deserts me!
 
Have a great 'hump day' everyone x
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 


2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen, sorry I have been MIA for a while but I have been trying to catch up and have checked out all your wonderful posts! This layout design reminds me of Shimelle (no bad thing of course!) but she used to lay the photo's across the page and that was my go to design at one point. I bet your niece enjoyed her shopping trip with you both and who doesn't like to save room for pudding! I will try to be a better blogger and catch up with you again soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've missed you Kerry! Life does insist on getting in the way LOL. By the way... I think you're one of the best bloggers, thanks for finding the time to leave a comment ~ happy crafting x

      Delete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!