Pages

Sunday 15 November 2015

1992 & Best Day EVER

I apologise (if anyone's interested) for my absence... I've not been well, my 'condition' decided to throw me a curve and gave me some new symptoms and 'stuff' to deal with :(
 
My 'condition' (I have Progressive Multiple Sclerosis) has now officially placed me in the disabled echelon's of society, not a place I'd ever thought I'd be, but health is something we don't appreciate until we no longer have it (along with a lot of other things... like bladder control, the ability to walk or the simple act of cutting up one's own food).  I am NOT moaning and I still enjoy life to the fullest (well as that's a bit of a stretch but whatever), but my crafting is something that makes me feel... good. 
 
 I have achieved something ~ I am still useful.
 
Accepting the person I am now, is a never ending struggle, when I don't even recognise myself anymore, but this is what life has dealt me... so I'll make the best of it and acknowledge that it could be worse.  However, last week my little brain lesions decided to play havoc with my senses and knocked me out of action... but now ~ I'M BACK...
 
I've now dealt with all that health $h!t and am getting my mojo back together with my inspiration and trying to tackle my increasing stack of LIKE FOR EVER kits.
 
As I got further and further behind, I tried to run a couple of kits along side each other in the hopes of getting through them, no... it's not worked.  So, rather than getting bogged down with all the crafty goodness, (my December Day by Day kit also arrived), I think what I'll do is forget the October kit (of which I haven't even stroked, let alone opened!) and concentrate on killing my two outstanding kits before the next on arrives and/or I start the December Day by Day kit.
 
August's kit... 'Oh So Lovely' (Crate Paper 'Wonder' Collection) is currently proceeding as follows...
 
Seven layouts completed, love this kit (I say that with ever one of them!), it's very child-like with its papers and embellies with a beautiful colour palette and of course some lovely little cat die-cuts.  There's plenty of everything left for more layouts.
 
 
September's kit... 'Acorn Avenue'  (Pink Paislee 'Cedar Lane Collection) is...
 
Nine layouts down with probably only one or two layouts left in it before it's killed, so I'm getting there.
 
 
October's kit... 'Hello, Beautiful' is...
 
Currently untouched :(   and will remain so unless there is suddenly more hours in the day or I'm miraculously cured (then I won't have a de-fuddled brain unable to cope with more than two things at once... but then I'd have to look for a full time job and I'd still have no time... ).
 
 
I'm also behind with my blogging... meaning?  I've got a few page layouts to share with you... but I don't want to overwhelm you with my crafting greatness, so today I'll only show you two of the pages I've managed to complete...
 
Both are from the 'Acorn Avenue' kit, the first (layout #8)... 1992, is of my baby boy in yes, you've guessed it... 1992.
 
A very simple layout using 2x2 squares of patterned paper
 

Those fussy cut flowers (from the 'Town Square' patterned paper) have provided a HUGE amount of interest on my layouts and of course, some gold splatters of Heidi Swapp Color Shine
 

Date and title in one, using the American Crafts Thickers - 'Fitzgerald' in peacock
 

The frame and 'smile' die-cut are from the ephemera pack
Look at those rosy cheeks and happy smile!
Don't look at that disgusting red flowered wallpaper
 

No layout is complete without a bit of bling ~ sequins from Pretty Pink Posh (exclusive mix
for LIKE FOR EVER)
 

My second page (layout #9) is a very old photograph I fish out of the attic, of my Uncle Barry's wedding to his lovely bride.  My Aunty Linda (now deceased) was the most beautiful person I've ever known both inside and out, a very special lady who is sorely missed.  This photo gave me the opportunity to immortalise this precious memory.  I am the little bridesmaid on the right, along with my two cousins ~ we all wore pretty bright pink dresses and none of us had a clue what we were doing!  I went on to be a bridesmaid another five times for friends and family (wasn't I popular?!)...
 
When I see my Uncle next, I'll ask him what year this was and then make sure I record the date. I'm loving this light woodgrain patterned paper
 

Lots of layering, some of the tissue paper the kit came in and some glittered washi tape
 

I'm so glad I splashed out and got the embroidered tags (add-on), they are lovely.  I used the puffy stickers for part of my title and the AC thickers for the rest. I also punched out a gold glitter heart and added it to the top corner of the layering.  You can just see my (not so happy) little self in the bottom corner
 

... more glitter washi tape and another piece from the ephemera pack, the acetate 'memories' was stapled to a piece of yellow patterned paper and adhered to the washi tape with foam squares
 
 
I cut the acetate wreath in two to maximise its use and added some purple splatters to the top and bottom corners.  To complete the layout I added some journalling

 
So this was my part one catch-up, I gotta go now... my son's cooking roast beef for Sunday Dinner... see, being disabled has it's perks!
 
Happy Crafting
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!