Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Random.org

I have the amazing opportunity to be the guest designer for FUSSY & FANCY FRIDAY CHALLENGE... amazing, I KNOW!
 
But as amazing as this is... I have to be honest (I just can't help it), it is a RandomDotOrg thing.  As much as I'd like to take the credit and 'blow my own trumpet', it is not through my talent as a cardmaking crafter that this opportunity has presented itself.  Nope, the opportunity came through a random selector... not that I don't appreciate my fifteen minutes of fame - because I do, really, thank you Fussy & Fancy.  BUT... its not like I was chosen because I was good, but merely because lady luck ~ came calling, and picked me - of course the fact that I also have this unstoppable urge to enter crafting challenges, might, just might, also have something to do with it.  Having said this, I do think its a lovely idea to showcase different people's work and if you pop over to Fussy & Fancy, you can get a lovely eclectic mix of much more talented people than I... I don't doubt that you will be as inspired as I have been.  The latest challenge is HEARTS, oohh the possibilities... go on, have a go, I did!
 
So my guess designer spot is all about 'HEARTS' (nice one innit).
 
 
 
I used CRICUT cartridges 'Artiste' and 'Jubilee' to cut out multiple hearts in varying sizes, and after making an envelope using my ENVELOPE PUNCH BOARD (great little gadget, by the way), everything was adhered to a scalloped card blank.  The sentiment is computer generated.
 
 
This little number is from the CRICUT 'Artiste' cartridge (again!), another 'S' fold (or swing card), I have again used my free 'candi' stamp and 'candis'.  The papers are from MY MIND'S EYE - 'Wild Asgaragus' (a very old stack, but really quite beautiful).
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Oh and today is...

Officially the day I started to feel OLD!  I woke up this morning (feelin' fine) and I caught myself contemplating buying a VEST because I felt cold, I was actually thinking "I must visit Marks and Spencers"!!!  What???  When did I start to feel the cold? When did I start to think buying a vest was necessary?  Oh my, I'm now officially on that long (I hope its long... really long), slippery slope to the land of walking sticks (I already have one of those - my hips, don't you know) and incontinence pants (don't have those, but the ladies keep telling me about the wonder of 'Tenalady').  I have already caught myself talking to the kids and beginning my sentence with "When I was young...."  So perhaps I'm already there!
 
So in honour of getting old I am also posting this...
 
 
 
'Stella' from BUBABOO stamps... she's always hilarious!
 
 
A CARD A DAY BLOGGING - I love this facebook group (even though it seems to have drifted into a two-person craft-fest!).  It encouranges me to 'Blog-A-Day'.
 
... and don't forget to challenge yourselves at FUSSY AND FANCY - 'Hearts', come on and show the love!  Get your design heads on, and get creative... if I can do it... anyone can!!!
 
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Okay Karen...I just had a BLAST visiting!!! You have so much wit and DON'T ever underestimate your talent...when you go with your "HEART (yes pun intended)" you can never go wrong!!! WONDERFUL WORK!!! I do know what you mean when you say "Happy Mail"...I think that you are in VERY GOOD company there, as all us "Paper A-Holics" feel the same way!!! I wonder if our mail people ever feel like they're being STALKED...LOL!!! So nice to have you with as at Fussy and Fancy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an absolutely LOVELY comment, thank you Beth. My chubby little 'postie' knows I'm not stalking him and is actually VERY grateful to my son and I for keeping him in work! Between us we keep our local sorting office EXTREMELY busy... I believe eBay now has my son on 'speed-dial'! The only comments we get from Emyr The Postman (yes, we are on first name terms) is... who has the most parcels that day!

      Delete
  2. Karen, I so enjoyed reading your post! You were cracking me up! Totally not necessary to mention random.org. You, Karen, are our shining star, this whole next week! You created three fabulous cards giving our followers some lovely inspiration for our, "Hearts" challenge. It's been such a PLEASURE FEATURING YOU! You have been such a lovely guest! Thank you, so much!
    Big Warm Hugs, Sheryl
    PS I find myself reaching for a cardigan sweater on a daily basis most recently! I'm always cold! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't quite decide if I'm just a little bit of a 'sad' person... but I LIVE for comments like yours! Perhaps I'm just very needy? I must have a little chat with the rest of my family (they are obviously not appreciating me the way they should!)... you are SO right ~ I'm a genius! Just kidding, you haven't created a monster! I gotta say though, I have REALLY enjoyed my guest spot, thank you. I shall endeavour (that's the first name of Inspector Morse... if you didn't know ~ 'Endeavour' ~ oohh look I've turned into randomdotorg!) to repeat my lucky success. It's been so nice chatting with you and the team :-)

      PS ~ Don't worry about the sweater thing... when you get REALLY cold it'll be too late to worry about anything! WRAP UP WARM ~ STAY SAFE ~ KEEP CRAFTING...

      Delete
  3. Karen, wonderful range of card here, hun, love them, and enjoy being a GDT, no matter how it comes around, you are deserving off it....xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment, Avril... it is much appreciated. Happy crafting :-)

      Delete
  4. Not sure if you're cracking me up or you're cracking up - both I think.
    Unc.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!