Pages

Thursday 14 November 2013

Artbooking

I've been a VERY naughty crafter!

My mother always tells me (around October time), "Now, remember Christmas is coming, so don't buy yourself anything.  Just put it on your Christmas List."  She's said this to me for the past thirty years, and usually I'm a very good little (size is relative) girl (as is age).  This year?  Oops.
 
I think I can be forgiven, however, because...
 
My lovely family just don't understand crafting!  They don't see the need; they don't understand my paper fetish; they are not sympathetic to my creative wants AND they do not understand the terminology.   What I mean is...
 
"CRICUT", my son thinks he'll need an insect net!
"FISKARS", my mum thinks I'm swearing!
"ATG" ... "What's wrong with your tyres?"  ~  "No, mum not ATS... my sticky stuff"  ~  "Karen, behave yourself!"  "WHAT?"
 
You get the drift, if I was to ask them for some of the crafting supplies I purchase, they'd either get it wrong or ask me to order it anyway,  ("What do you want for Christmas" "I want... oh forget it").  With this philosophy in the back of my mind, I've been on a spending spree (I'll be paying my overdraft back for the next six months but, oh what a buzz!).
 
For a start I found the CRICUT 'Artbooking' cartridge on eBay (such a rarity to find any CLOSE TO MY HEART cartridges outside of the US, that I couldn't resist).  Once I started, I just couldn't seem to stop!  Next I ordered the CRICUT 'Artiste' cartridge (from US, at great expense, but I'm on a roll), I hit the internet next, I got some more supplies, a couple of digi's and more paper (yes, more!  There is no such thing as 'too much paper'), then I did the ultimate in crafting financial stupidity... I watched the shopping channel!  Silly, silly me... oops indeed.
 
So now I'm skint... and owe the bank part of my soul, but you know what?  I'm very, very happy!
 
Back to the artbooking... WOW! I am now seriously addicted to mini albums...
 

 
My first attempt using the CRICUT 'Artbooking' cartridge...  LOVE IT.  I do believe the book rings are a little too big, so I'll be changing those and then putting more ribbons and fibres on the smaller ones.  This mini album is destined to be a Christmas present for my mum, I think its good enough (this little cutie is my niece, her granddaughter), the envelope page (page three) is also perfect for housing the gift card that I'm also planning on giving my mother for Christmas.
 

 
All the little embellishment, like the flowers, hearts and wording are also from the 'Artbooking' cartridge, as is the heart overlay.
 

 
The papers I've used are all from the 'TERESA COLLINS' 'Fabrication' papers along with the matching brads and word stickers.
 


 
Love that envelope page!  Great for holding lots more photos and/or gift cards, oohh my mum's a lucky lady!
 
 


 
The back of the envelope page was a little bit plain, so after I'd put another heart overlay onto it, I decided to stamp it.  I've had this pack of 'Candi' stamps for a VERY long time (they were free), and had long since disappeared into my jungle of goodies (even after a good clear out!).  But for some reason I'd kept the mini 'Candi's' on my desk (probably in the hope of using them up).  Since I liked the colours I decided to use them on this page (now, where have I put the stamps?).  After I'd found the matching stamp set, I used my 'quickie' glue pen (another seldom used item) to adhere them down. 

arhh... there you are!
 


 
A little pocket with tags.
 




 
Very pleased how this turned out, so pleased, in fact that I think its good enough to be a Christmas present (after I change those book rings)!
 
 
 Challenges:-
 
COME AND GET IT CHALLENGES - 'Gift Card Holder'
 
THROUGH THE CRAFT ROOM DOOR - TTCRD November 12 - 18 - 'Anything Goes'
 
THE CUTIE PIE CHALLENGE - Ch #57 - 'Little Cuties'
 
SHOPPING OUT STASH - SOS #127 - 'Use Something Already Out On Your Desk' - 'Candi'
 
USE IT TUESDAY - ch #67 - 'Stick It!' - Quickie Glue Pen
 
CHALLENGES 4 EVERYBODY - Ch #33 - 'Anything Goes'
 
JELLYPARK FRIENDS FRIDAY CHALLENGE - New Challenge - 'ABC - Anything But A Card'    (I missed the 2pm deadline[twit]! GO VISIT THE BLOG THOUGH, it's worth it for the inspiration!)
 
 
 

 
 Blah... blah... blah...
  
 
 

10 comments:

  1. love it! beautiful colors and perfects details!
    thanks for sharing at Use it tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Valentina. Thanks for the challenges. Go DT, keep up the great work!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful mini album, Karen (and such a beautiful little girl). Your attention to detail is gorgoues, all the flowers and candi and shapes really enhance the design.
    Thank you for joining us at the Cutie Pie Challenge. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project, they are such lovely keepsakes aren't they!? Thanks ever so for sharing with us at The Cutie Pies and Good Luck. Sarah-j x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project. Very Pretty. Thank you for joining us at Come and Get It this week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful album, love all the beautiful papers!
    Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges!
    Hugs,Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! Sounds like you had so much fun shopping! I have to agree with you, I am in love with mini albums as well! I just haven't completed one in a while. This turned out fabulous and I'm sure your mom will love it. (And I totally understand about family not "getting" what we want for Christmas….and thank you for saying you can never have enough paper :) Maybe I'll go shopping too….I saw some pads on line that I think I want hehe :) ) Anyway, so glad you used the "Candi" times on your desk to join us at Shopping Our Stash this week!
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the comment Michelle (great name by the way... my daughter is also a michelle!). I've gotta say its always nice to have a comment, but even nicer when its more than a few words long. It is a gift to be able to use words to make someone else's day... and you've made mine, thank you.

      Karen x

      Delete
  7. what a gorgeous mini album! you have been busy..no worries, you'll use it all up and need more stuff for Christmas much to your mom's happiness :) thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday this week and hope to see you again!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!