Pages

Tuesday 5 March 2013

Better Over the Hill...

... than under it !
 
When I can, I like to give as much info. about the cards I have made, as possible, but sometimes that's just not gonna happen.  When the stuff I'm using is rather old (sometimes, dare I say... ancient), I can't always remember where it came from (memory's going!  Along with my hearing and my teeth!).  Very often I've found a bargain somewhere (usually a 'pound' shop) and the product has no known producer/manufacturer (possible some poor child in a sweat shop in Bangladesh!).  I know its not right (to support these cheap imports) but I really, really am not made of money and I really, really, have no intention of not crafting!  So I, for one, continue to pick up cheapies whenever I can (although my conscience does sometimes prick!).  But having said that, when you get to work with quality products, I have to say the difference is not only noticeable but also highly addictive.
 
Anyway...
 
I've entered a couple of challenges (unusually... I know!) and just to mix things up a bit (I'm a rebel at heart), I'm telling you about them before I show you my card (daring, huh?), so...
 
PILE IT ON - #9 - 'Happy Birthday'
 
CATCH THE BUG CHALLENGE BLOG - 'Anything Goes Saturday Challenge'
 
CARDS FOR MEN - Ch. #5 - 'Monochrome'
 
ANYTHING GOES CHALLENGE BLOG - Ch. #87 - 'Make it Manly'
 
PAPER CRAFTING JOURNEY - 'Bingo' - Brads/Embossing/Sentiment
 
PAPER PLAYTIME - Ch. #5 - 'Anything Goes'
 
... and here it is
 
 
Most of the materials used for this card are from my stash,  but I can tell you about the digi stamp... it is, of course, 'Gus' from 'BUGABOO STAMPS', he's great, isn't he? 

 
'Gus' has been coloured in using 'Promarkers' and mounted onto a piece of 'KANBAN' cardstock 'Distressed Stripe', which has also been used for the first mat.  The patterned papers were bought from E-Bay (along time ago), as were the brads.

 
I printed the sentiment out and then embossed it and highlighted it with a promarker pen.  This is my first attempt at a 'Bugaboo' stamp... and I'm really quite pleased with it!
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Gus is so cool! Great card!

    Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Paper Playtime!

    Hugs;
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! thanks for joining us at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great project, very cutet!! Thanks so much for joining our March Anything goes at CTB! We appreciate you taking the time to join our challenge! Hope to see you again very soon! Thanks for using a Bugaboo Image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gus and I love your card Karen! Thank you for joining in with us at Cards For Men. Good luck! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute project!! Thank you for joining us at Paper Playtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!! It is hilarious as well as your post! I enjoy your sense of humor! You colored Gus perfectly!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Playtime! :)
    Tracy
    tracyscricutcorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!