Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I don't care what the weatherman says...

It's been a quiet week, so far... not a lot happening, not a lot to do.  Winter can sometimes get you down, what with a near constant rain, freezing wind and lack of sunlight, but aren't you glad you don't live somewhere where it is always the same?  I know there is a lot to be said for constant temperatures and sunshine, warm winds and dazzling blue skies (even in winter) but... really, how boring is that?  Apart from anything else what would perfect stangers have to talk about, if not the weather?  We British are always talking about the weather, but is that really any surprise?  It is constantly changing, always giving us something new, we never know what we're going to get and even the expert weather predictions and reports change from one televison channel to the next!
 
In the country there are always experts on the weather... lots of red berries? then we're going to have a hard winter; a spider spins its web in the morning? the day will be fine; cows lying down in the field altogether? rains on its way; and my personal favorite - squirrels have really bushy tails? winter is going to be cold.  But whatever you belief (or don't) and however the weather news is told, one thing is certain... whatever you predict, you will always get it wrong! 
 
I found a lovely piece of 'Hunkydory' cream lace cardstock in my stash and decided to make an easel card with it.  I cut it down to 8 1/2 " x 5 1/2 " and scored it at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4".  I then cut another piece of the card, and a gold mat, to cover the 'easel part of the card.  After placing a topper and ribbon on this section I make a 'stopper' and punched three circles out of the remaining cardstock.  These were adhered to the card base along with a sentiment.  I matted some cream card onto some more gold card and stuck that to the inside of my card (you have to write onto something, right?).  I think it turned out rather well, especially with the addition of a few peel-off gold flowers and gems.
 

 
~ a Card a Day Blogging entry ~ 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 

2 comments:

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!