Pages

Tuesday 5 February 2013

I Did It My Way

As Old Blue Eyes would say... "mistakes, I've made a few"... but none more than my latest offering!  The cardstock? Is lovely, the colours? Really quite stunning, the topper? Equally pleasant, so the problem?  Its just all wrong!!!
 
Firstly I didn't think it through, then to compound that mistake, (being too tight-fisted to throw it away) I tried to fix it.  Needless to say I didn't fix it... I botched it!
 
The wording "D.I.L.W.Y.N." is a man, the cardstock I used is WwAaaaYyyy too feminine, and the topper? just all wrong for a man! See picture below...
 
 
My next mistake was in changing the topper to something more macho, instead of removing the wording (that is what I should have done) and then I should of made an altogether different card for the unfortunate 'DILWYN' using more masculine cardstock.  I only added the blue bow, in the first place to try to make it more appealing to a man, even the ribbon used is the wrong shade (another mistake)!  So now (see above) I have a card that is OK (except for the colour of the bow), but which is totally unsuited to the person who is supposed to receive it (DILWYN)! So what did I do? The sensible thing? And start again... Oh no, not this miser!  See below...
 
 
I just added different toppers!  So, now we have a card for a man, in feminine colours, with a bow that doesn't match, with a couple of toppers added to try to 'butch' it up!  WHAT A DISASTER!  Still, I suppose we all make mistakes...
 
And this is a corker!
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!