Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2012


A Mother’s Place?  Why?

Well I’ll tell you why...

 

My son has not been well, which in itself is very unusual, I must say I’ve managed to raise two (blessedly) healthy children... must be all that dirt I made them eat as babies (kidding! Well no, not really I do believe they have to be in contact with a certain amount of dirt, in order to produce the necessary antibodies).  Anyway back to my son... tummy bug, with excessive amounts of vomit (from both ends, sorry TMI), stomach pain and weakness.  And all this is apparently MY fault!!!  How? Because I was good enough to pick him up (taxi service, sound familiar?) after he had been out drinking, large amounts of alcohol, with a mate! The connection? You would be forgiven for not grasping it straight away! Because he felt guilty! Guilty for dragging me out at 1.30am, yes in the morning (an earlier time than normal I might add!), and so guilt MADE him buy me a burger from the local kebab house... and naturally since he was buying me said burger, he felt compelled to have a donor kebab himself – which has visited the toilet ever since... thus it is ALL MY FAULT!!!  Why am I not ill, because the greedy little bugger ate MY burger before I picked him up! Serves him right, I say... which naturally i don’t mean because he really has been ill.

Enough said... I’ve been thinking about my Christmas cards, and have decided to add a small gift to them this year in the form of a chocolate lolly, so here’s what I came up with...
 

 
I used some old (very old) gold card blanks that I’ve been trying to use up, along with some gold leaf paper that I found in my stash, the green and gold mat is from a ‘Crate Paper’ 6x6 pad called ‘Portrait Collection’ and the scalloped circles, Christmas tree and ‘JOY’ were all cut using my ‘Cricut Expression 2’ and the ‘Cricut Craft Room’.  I’m really pleased with it... just twenty more to go!
Have a great day...
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!