Pages

Tuesday 23 October 2012

I'm Home!

 
 
No... It didn't take me that long to get home... I've been busy!
 
I did manage to fit in a couple of cards though!  Believe it or not my cold is STILL hangin' 'round (darn nusiance! I'm going through tissues like no tomorrow!).  I  thought I'd better have a go at some of my crafting kits (especially since Ive bought another one!).  Here I used 'Woodland Walk' Hunkydory toppers with 'Copper Leaves' accent-foiled card...
 
 
Outside...
 
 

I found some old (and I mean OLD - like 7 years old) A5 gold card blanks in my stash, so I stuck two together to form a tri-fold card... then stuck and embelished away!
Inner Outside...
 
 
Inside...
 
 
 
and with the leftovers...... and some green stickles
and voilà!
 
 
 
 

After doing a little work, I managed to sneek into my craftroom again and complete a quick mens card using a Kanban topper sheet - 'The Champion'...
 
  Nice and simple (I like simple!)
 
 
 
 
 
My daughter is working SO, SO hard at the moment, as well as being in her final year at university, I am so VERY proud of her.  But it is amazing how often she has run out of ink and can she just 'borrow your printer, mum'!.  Some years ago I discovered the beauty of a 'continuous ink system', for anyone who has invested (I say invested, because the initial outlay is probably three times what you would pay for a set of 'compatible' ink cartridges) you will know how wonderful the CIS is!  I, like most of us out there do not have an endless supply of money and so had to consider long and hard whether to invest in a CIS.  But not only was it a HUGE saving it is also alot less hassle.  I never, as my daughter has discovered, run out of ink!  When I replaced my printer, last year I again bought a CIS (although it was a slightly different version),  when everyone else is trawling ebay (or the like) to find the cheapest cartridges, I only have to stock up on bottles of ink (which are 10 times cheaper and last 100 times longer).  I would, seriously, recommend one to anyone... my daughter has not invested, however, because it's cheaper for her to come and see her mother!
 
 
Blah... blah... blah...
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...
Don't Forget to Follow Me!